Grace Place operates entirely on donations from generous individuals and organizations to provide its services to the poor, homeless, and marginalized men, women, youth and families in our city. All donations go directly to the services and operations of our street ministry.
We are excited to announce that on May 30, 2015, Grace Ministries went from being tenants to being landlords, with the purchasing of the building in which Grace Place operates from. With the new role of landlord and the addition of maintenance, repair, and renovation costs, Grace Ministries is in current financial need for:
- kitchen renovations which will better accommodate the 40,000 meals we serve each year
- bathroom renovations which includes the addition of a wheelchair accessible restroom
- classroom for Sunday School classes for children
- expanded free store for clothing and small household appliances
- maintenance and repairs to building and apartments, including repairing windows and roofing
Whether your donation is monetary, food, clothing, or other small household and personal necessities, we will gladly accept it and make sure it gets to those who need it most.
- Donations make a perfect gift – make a donation in honour of a family member, friend, teacher or someone special.
- In lieu of flowers make a donation in memory of a loved one.
- Your donation is tax deductible.
You can drop off donations (monetary, food, clothing, etc.) to 235 Simpson Street (on the corner of Simpson and Bethune), using the side entrance metal door. Donations will be received Monday thru Wednesday between 9:00am-4:30pm. NOTE: Grace Place is closed on Mondays during July and August.
Call Grace Place at (807) 473-3538 or at (807) 627-9848 and we will assist you in making your donation.
Mail donations to: Mail donations to: Grace Place, P.O. Box 29022 McIntyre Centre, Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6P9
PLEASE MAKE ALL CHEQUES PAYABLE TO: Grace Ministries of Thunder Bay